My face is wet tonite. Not the normal kind of wet, though. Like when you watch a super sad movie. No, not like that. I feel happy. But not the type of happy like when you’re getting handed that big fat Lotto check or something. For sure some tiny speckles are on the inside of my eyeglass lenses. So I know it’s real. And it’s about you..
From prehistoric-mini-dinosaur-monster-looking-dude, to unbelievably gorgeous exotic beast, I marveled at your every valiant healing step. From foster home to permanent home, you lived well and loved even better. Each person you met since August experienced your wisdom and presence in seriously profound ways. I tried to be a good gladiator-in-training student too. Here’s what I learned from you Sweet Maximus..
1. Know when to battle & know when to surrender. Be brave for both.
2. Be kind. Even when you’re losing.
3. Feeling vulnerable doesn’t suck so bad. There are worse things.
4. Live large. And with a purpose in mind.
5. Fight for what’s right. Ok, I knew that one already. But you really drove it home.
6. If you love the one who’s in front of you, make sure they know it by the look on your face.
7. Do your job really well. It matters to more people than you realize.
8. Inhale the good stuff. Every day. Love heals and strengthens all things.
9. Honor your angels. They chose you for a reason.
10. Teach only to students who are ready and willing to learn. It’s energy well spent.
11. Ask for help. Make it really known that you need it. Even if you have to look like a prehistoric-mini-dinosaur-monster-looking-dude.
12. Be humble.
13. A safe and peaceful home is everything.
14. Be a gracious houseguest.
15. Make the best use of your time. Come in with a bang and go out the same way.
16. Know your value. Appreciate when others know it too.
17. Let them see you shine.
18. Be scared. And do all of the above anyway.
So, about the wet on my face. Thinking it’s my soul talking. You hugged it in the coolest ways and it cries tonite in your honor and memory. Sleep well. Thank you. ’Til we meet again..