2220-E Commerce Street
Houston, Texas 77002
Now booking appointments for the following. In studio or on location.
CORPORATE/COMMERCIAL/PETS/MATERNITY/SENIORS/CHILDREN OVER 6 MONTHS/CONCEPTUAL
Please use the contact form for all inquiries. Information about my fundraising sessions below.
“Pocketshots were created with animal welfare organizations in mind; more specifically rescues, who work so tirelessly to save Houston’s homeless dogs and cats. I have been working as a rescuer & animal advocate for several years, but I wanted to do more. Pocketshots are all-day photography fundraising events that I host at my studio near downtown. Appointments are scheduled every hour for portraits of you with your family, dogs, cats, kids, ?? I am happy to report that I have donated over $30,000 to Houston area rescues since pocketshots began in November 2010.” — Robyn
Participation is $250, which includes a 45-minute custom photoshoot & (1) digital file of your favorite shot (including usage rights for printing). $25 from every session will be donated to the rescue organization.
1. Click here for the online scheduler. (Note: Listing shows “30 minute appointment”, but it’s actually 45 minutes with all appointments starting on the hour. Thanks.)
2. Select date & time you prefer.
3. Pay online via paypal. (It is not necessary to have a paypal account)
Lone Star Shih Tzu & Lhasa Apso Rescue: Saturday, June 15th
1. Do I need a paypal account?
No. You can pay via paypal with your credit card.
2. How should I prepare for my shoot?
Please work on SIT & STAY with your dog(s). Reward their good work with lots of treats. This will help the process tremendously…but if they don’t quite get it, no worries…we’ve got your back!
3. What should I wear?
Solid bright/dark colored tops are best. Stay away from white/beige/pastel colors. Sneakers & shorts are not the best choice for portraits. Structured fabrics work better versus silks. Accessories like chunky jewelry, hats, glasses, & scarves are fun. Wear a little more makeup than you normally would. Bring your favorite shoes or boots…or rock a pedi & go barefoot! Please visit Robyn’s Pinterest board for inspiration!
4. Do I need to bring accessories for my dog(s)?
Dogs will be naked without a collar for the shoot. You may bring accessories for them, but they are not required.
5. Do I need to bring treats?
We have natural treats here…but, by all means, bring their favorite treats if you like.
6. Can I bring my dog even though he has bit one or more people?
7. Can I get frustrated, be aggressive to my dog, hit my dog & do anything I want to make him do what you’re asking during our shoot?
Absolutely not! 45 minutes is plenty of time to do what is necessary. The dogs are in a new environment & we understand this. We will teach them & be patient with the process & we ask that you do the same. In fact, it is better if you ignore your pets during their individual session, i.e. do not make noises or show them attention. They need to be focused on the camera.
8. What will the backdrop/set look like?
A fab & original design of some sort. Surprise! Photos of upcoming sets are usually posted a few days before each event on the facebook page.
9. Where is your studio?
We are located at 2220-E Commerce Street Houston, TX 77002, just down from Minute Maid. Please drive around the back of building & park anywhere.
10. Do you have a waiting room?
11. Do you charge for more than one person?
12. How many outfits/pairs of shoes should I bring?
We are limited on time. Most clients come prepared wearing what they will shoot in. If you want to bring extra clothing or shoes, feel free to do so, but please leave your suitcase at home! 1-2 hour regular sessions are also available at the studio or at your home/another location. If you feel you need more than 45 minutes for your photoshoot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
13. How long will it take to see my proofs?
Approximately 1 week.
14. When is the next pocketshots event?
Please refer to UPCOMING EVENTS.
15. Will there be any other dogs in the studio during my shoot?
16. How many dogs can I bring?
Up to 4 per 45 minute session. Feel free to book back to back slots if you have more than 4 dogs or have special requests.
17. I don’t have a dog. Can I bring my cat/bunny/monkey?
18. Do I need to have the same breed of dog of the sponsored rescue to attend?
No! All are welcome to support all rescues!
19. If I can’t make it to my scheduled session, can I reschedule or get a refund?
No, this is a charity event with limited availability. But, feel free to transfer your appointment to a friend. Please email us ahead of time if this is the case.
20. Does my dog need to be on a leash before & after their appointment?
21. Do my dogs need to be spayed/neutered to attend?
No. But, be ready for a conversation about it. LOL! In the meantime, please visit SNAP’s website to learn more about the necessity/benefits of spay/neuter.