POCKETSHOTS ARE BACK!
Pocketshots are totally fun all day portrait photography events designed to raise money for animal welfare organizations & get stellar family photos on your walls at the same time. $25 from every session scheduled is donated to the selected organization. In the last 4 years, POCKETSHOTS has raised over $50,000 for Houston’s animals in need.
The beneficiary for upcoming events is doing HUGE things in Houston. Rescued Pets Movement aka RPM is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that transports animals from Houston and Greater Houston area shelters to other 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal welfare organizations that have demand for adoptable pets. As of 8/26, RPM has moved 3353 animals from BARC in the past year. In addition to scheduling your portrait session, you can also help support RPM by doing short-term fostering, making a donation, sharing your life saving ideas, and following them on their website and facebook pages.
Saturday, October 4th 9A-5P (Sold Out)
Sunday, October 12th 9A-5P (Sold Out)
Saturday, October 25th 9A-5P (Sold Out)
Saturday, November 8th 9A-5P
Sunday, November 16th 9A-5P
LOCATION: Robyn’s studio >> 2220-E Commerce Street Houston, TX 77002 (Just east of Minute Maid Park. Cross the RR tracks on Commerce Street & make an immediate right onto gravel drive that leads behind the warehouses. Park near Unit E).
FEE: $200 which includes: 40-minute photo session (please ignore scheduler which states 30 minutes), sitting & creative fees, online proofing gallery with minimum of 10 images, (1) 8”x10” print, & a really fun time. Maximum (2) pets/(2) people per session. Please purchase (2) back-to-back sessions for all larger groups.
**$25 from each session will go directly to RPM. FYI, $25 buys:
Kibble for 2 puppies for a week. Dewormer for 4 pups. 4 cans of prescription wet food. 3 large tubs of coconut oil. OR 25 cans of coconut water.
2. Select date & time you prefer
3. Pay online via paypal.
1. Do I need a paypal account?
No, you can pay via paypal with your credit card.
2. How should I prepare for my shoot?
Please work on SIT & STAY with your dog(s). Reward their good work with lots of treats. Don’t worry if they don’t quite get it because we are prepared for that too!
3. What should I wear?
Solid bright/dark colored tops are best. Stay away from white/beige/muted tones. Sneakers & shorts are not the best choice for portraits. Structured fabrics work better versus silky fabrics. Accessories like chunky jewelry, hats, glasses, & scarves are fun but not necessary. Ladies, please wear a little more makeup than you normally would. Please visit Robyn’s Pinterest board for inspiration too!
4. Do I need to bring accessories for my dog(s)?
You may bring accessories for them, but they are not required.
5. Do I need to bring treats?
We will have natural treats available, but feel free to bring their favorite treats/toys if you like.
6. Can I bring my dog even though he has bit one or more people?
7. Do you have packages available if I want to purchase more photos?
8. How long will it take to see my proofs?
Approximately one week.
9. Will there be any other dogs there during my shoot?
10. I don’t have a dog. Can I bring my child/cat/bunny/monkey?
11. If I can’t make it to my scheduled session, can I reschedule or get a refund?
No, this is a charity event with limited availability. But, feel free to transfer your appointment to a friend. Please email us ahead of time if this is the case.
12. Does my dog need to be on a leash before & after our appointment?
14. Was Robyn voted BEST PET PHOTOGRAPHER by Houston PetTalk Magazine the last 3 years running?
15. Do you have a waiting area in your studio?
No, please wait in your car or in front of the studio & we will come get you when it’s time.
16. How can I schedule my appointment now?