Pocketshots are totally fun all day mini pet portrait events designed to raise money for animal welfare organizations & get custom family photos on your walls at the same time. $25 from every session is donated directly to the selected organization. In the last 5 years, Pocketshots has raised over $75,000 for Houston’s animals in need.
Our beloved beneficiary is doing HUGE things in Houston. Rescued Pets Movement aka RPM is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that transports animals from Houston’s BARC shelter to other 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal welfare organizations that have demand for adoptable pets. To date, RPM has moved over 7,000 animals to their partners in Colorado! You can also help support RPM by doing short-term fostering, making a donation, walking dogs in their new shelter, and following them on their website and facebook page.
LOCATION: Robyn’s studio >> 2220 Commerce Street Unit E Houston, TX 77002 (Just east of Minute Maid Park. Cross the RR tracks on Commerce Street & make an immediate right onto gravel drive that leads behind the warehouses. Park near Unit E).
FEE: $175 which includes: 30-minute photo session, sitting & creative fees, online proofing gallery with minimum of 10 photo proofs to choose from, (1) 8″x10″ print, & a really fun time! Maximum (2) pets/(2) people per session. Please purchase (2) back-to-back sessions for all larger groups.
**$25 from each session will go directly to RPM. FYI, $25 buys:
Kibble for 2 puppies for a week. Dewormer for 4 pups. 4 cans of prescription wet food. 3 large tubs of coconut oil. OR 25 cans of coconut water.
1. CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT. (Click over to following month for additional appointments!)
2. Select date & time you prefer
3. Pay online via paypal.
1. Do I need a paypal account?
No, you can pay via paypal with your credit card.
2. How should I prepare for my shoot?
Please work on SIT & STAY with your dog(s). Reward their good work with lots of treats. Don’t worry if they don’t quite get it because we are prepared for that too!
3. What should I wear?
Solid bright/dark colored tops are best. Stay away from white/beige/muted tones. Sneakers & shorts are not the best choice for portraits. Structured fabrics work better versus silky fabrics. Accessories like chunky jewelry, hats, glasses, & scarves are fun but not necessary. Ladies, please wear a little more makeup than you normally would. Please visit Robyn’s Pinterest board for some wardrobe inspiration too!
4. Do I need to bring accessories for my dog(s)?
You may bring accessories for them, but they are not required.
5. Do I need to bring treats?
We will have natural treats available, but feel free to bring their favorite treats/toys if you like.
6. Can I bring my dog even though he has bit one or more people?
7. Do you have packages available if I want to purchase more photos?
8. How long will it take to see my proofs?
Approximately one week.
9. My dog isn’t a fan of other dogs. Will there be any other dogs there during my shoot?
No other dogs will be in the studio during your session. We are also careful to be on the look out for other clients in the parking lot prior to you leaving your appointment.
10. I don’t have a dog. Can I bring my child/cat/bunny/monkey?
11. If I can’t make it to my scheduled session, can I reschedule or get a refund?
No, this is a charity event with limited availability. But, feel free to transfer your appointment to a friend. Please email us ahead of time if this is the case.
12. Does my dog need to be on a leash before & after our appointment?
14. Was Robyn voted BEST PET PHOTOGRAPHER by Houston PetTalk Magazine the last 3 years running?
15. Do you have a waiting area in your studio?
No, please wait in your car or in front of the studio & we will come get you when it’s time.