POCKETSHOTS ARE BACK!
Pocketshots are totally fun all day portrait photography events designed to raise money for animal welfare organizations & get stellar family photos on your walls at the same time. $25 from every session scheduled is donated to the selected organization. In the last 4 years, POCKETSHOTS has raised over $50,000 for Houston’s animals in need.
The beneficiary for upcoming events is doing HUGE things in Houston. Rescued Pets Movement aka RPM is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that transports animals from Houston and Greater Houston area shelters to other 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal welfare organizations that have demand for adoptable pets. To date, RPM has moved over 6,000 animals from BARC! In addition to scheduling your portrait session, you can also help support RPM by doing short-term fostering, making a donation, sharing your life saving ideas, and following them on their website and facebook pages.
LOCATION: Robyn’s studio >> 2220 Commerce Street Unit E Houston, TX 77002 (Just east of Minute Maid Park. Cross the RR tracks on Commerce Street & make an immediate right onto gravel drive that leads behind the warehouses. Park near Unit E).
FEE: $200 which includes: 40-minute photo session (please ignore scheduler which states 30 minutes), sitting & creative fees, online proofing gallery with minimum of 10 images, (1) 8”x10” print, & a really fun time. Maximum (2) pets/(2) people per session. Please purchase (2) back-to-back sessions for all larger groups.
**$25 from each session will go directly to RPM. FYI, $25 buys:
Kibble for 2 puppies for a week. Dewormer for 4 pups. 4 cans of prescription wet food. 3 large tubs of coconut oil. OR 25 cans of coconut water.
2. Select date & time you prefer
3. Pay online via paypal.
1. Do I need a paypal account?
No, you can pay via paypal with your credit card.
2. How should I prepare for my shoot?
Please work on SIT & STAY with your dog(s). Reward their good work with lots of treats. Don’t worry if they don’t quite get it because we are prepared for that too!
3. What should I wear?
Solid bright/dark colored tops are best. Stay away from white/beige/muted tones. Sneakers & shorts are not the best choice for portraits. Structured fabrics work better versus silky fabrics. Accessories like chunky jewelry, hats, glasses, & scarves are fun but not necessary. Ladies, please wear a little more makeup than you normally would. Please visit Robyn’s Pinterest board for inspiration too!
4. Do I need to bring accessories for my dog(s)?
You may bring accessories for them, but they are not required.
5. Do I need to bring treats?
We will have natural treats available, but feel free to bring their favorite treats/toys if you like.
6. Can I bring my dog even though he has bit one or more people?
7. Do you have packages available if I want to purchase more photos?
8. How long will it take to see my proofs?
Approximately one week.
9. Will there be any other dogs there during my shoot?
10. I don’t have a dog. Can I bring my child/cat/bunny/monkey?
11. If I can’t make it to my scheduled session, can I reschedule or get a refund?
No, this is a charity event with limited availability. But, feel free to transfer your appointment to a friend. Please email us ahead of time if this is the case.
12. Does my dog need to be on a leash before & after our appointment?
14. Was Robyn voted BEST PET PHOTOGRAPHER by Houston PetTalk Magazine the last 3 years running?
15. Do you have a waiting area in your studio?
No, please wait in your car or in front of the studio & we will come get you when it’s time.
16. How can I schedule my appointment now?